parkside-glendale.blogspot.com

add to facebook profile

Monday, March 23, 2009

AT THIS MOMENT OF TRUTH

Never ending flow of words,
A monotonous complexion,
Roaring traffic,
Chirping birds and the
Screeching mongooses
Adds to the noisy polution.
a growing feeling of unrest
And to break the binds
Of the elusive quietness
stand remote
In the farthest place
Of hearts delight.
The heavy air fills the room
to push the drowsy moments
In this suffocating atmosphere
Into a remote corner.
Lifts myself
On the threshold
Of serene settings
In solitary approach
To revolt
Against the infringement
Into nature's valuable asset
for all mankind.

6 comments:

Si_Lee said...

AAh .. this is the first one i could fully comprehend after reading three times .. :)
your style of writing is different .. very different as in the way the thoughts are intertwined ... compels the reader to think and think a lot .. I think that is rare ... generally one reads a poem comments and forgets about it from the lil memory he has of what he glanced thru .. ... nice ..

Das said...

@ TowardsReclamation:

I want people 2 think of the essence and not the superficial. Poetry can be easy and also confusing....eh.

Kartz said...

**And to break the binds
Of the elusive quietness
stand remote
In the farthest place
Of hearts delight.

- Cdnt ve been framed better!

Profound verses.

Peace.

Das said...

@ Kartz:
Thanks. Ur an inspiration 4 me 2 write. I need ur comments and many more like u.

Arnav said...

Nice.. definitely drilled the essence into me :)
as SId said I too had to read 3 times to comprehend :)

Das said...

@ Arnav:

Thanks 4 visiting my blog. Happy u liked it. Go through my 50 odd poems on the blog and u will understand me better. I suppose.

This gives me an opportunity 2 visit ur site too.

Thanks once again and hope 2 c u more often.