parkside-glendale.blogspot.com

add to facebook profile

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DEEP SILENCE

Deathly silence of the night
Drowns the world in darkness,
But for the little candle light
There harbour a feeling of hopefulness.
Trees, mountains and hills
drawn behind the curtains.
Fragrant air that fills
And softens my heart within.
Stars that beautify
In mixing colours,
The heavenly canopy
With seducing contours.
A flicker of hope
Through the surging covers,
The hour to elope
To drench in cooling showers.
I've come to shed
The beastly burden,
Then to be led
Into your sensuous garden.
To lie on the grassy bed,
I come for a nap.
Allow me to rest my head
On your cosy lap.
Swimming in the sea of anxiety,
Waves lash against me.
At last lifts me in royalty
Out of the turbulent sea.
When sleep reaches the crest,
A spell of biting cold.
She hugs me to ber breast,
Firm in her hold.
In this testing weather
Came with deep insight.
Oh! mother
Come let us unite.
Far from the madding crowd-I tried
To resist the torturous weather,
Shattering the deathly silence-I cried,
Nature you are my mother.

3 comments:

Kartz said...

William Brighty Rands comes to mind when I read about Nature -

"Great, wide, beautiful, wonderful World,
With the wonderful water round you curled,
And the wonderful grass upon your breast--
World, you are beautifully drest."

That was beautiful, uncle...

Peace. Have a great weekend.

Das said...

Karthick, Wonderful and beautiful.

Thanks 4 the line

Das said...

@ Kartz,
Natyue is ur best friend and true indeed in ur despair. Thanks.